Tours - TAKAYAMA PACKAGE
- Accommodation at selected hotels with meals as mentioned in your final itinerary.
- Check-in time is 3.00PM and check-out time is 11.00AM. Early or late service is subject to availability with surcharge.
- Meals if mentioned in the final itinerary
- Transfers if mentioned in your final itinerary:
- Airport transfer (arrival and departure) in a shared van
- Public/Private transport on tour day
- Client Service Officer: provide self-guided clients with tour information
- Guide for half day or full day tour (English & other languages: German, Spanish, etc.)
- Sightseeing fees and permits during guided time
- Service charge and current government VAT tax
- JR Pass and/or Train ticket(s)
- Optional tour
- Please make sure you have 6 months passport validity.
- Early/late check in/out service at hotels (surcharge if request)
- Tips and gratuities
- Services and meals if not mentioned in itinerary
- All drinks, including water, soft drink and alcohol on all included or optional excursion
- Laundry, telephone calls and expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
DAY 1: TAKAYAMA FREETransfer from train station to the hotel for 2 nights. We'll start you out with a two-night stay at a traditional Japanese hotel in Takayama. Enjoy dinner here on your first night and rest up for tomorrow's excursions! If you prefer to walk around town, check out the izakaya and try Mitarashi-dango or Hida Beef, both famous foods made locally.
DAY 2: GUIDED WALKING TOUR IN THE MORNING & SAKE EXPERIENCE TOURThis morning your your private guide will take you you to visit the morning riverside markets to see the local fresh produce before a visit to the Takayama Jinya. The last remaining original government building from the time of Samurai and Shoguns.
Afternoon, visit a sake brewery to learn about the local alcohol.
Takayama is an area of Japan that has been inhabited since the Jomon Period. Let us guide you through the streets and show you glimpses of the rich history! The traditional architecture and quiet town life remains surprisingly unchanged throughout the centuries - find out why as we explain the local history and what makes Takayama so unique. Visit the Takayaka Jinya - a building from the 17th century that has been preserved as it was from the time of its construction, and is still in use today.
The nearby Hida area is famous for a unique stule of architecture that resembles hands folded in prayer. This has a practical use, but step inside to discover how roomy and comfortable it is, and why this remains unchanged.
The farmer's market, too, is a part of the tour that is sure to delight. Taste and smell vegetables and fruits unique to Japan at this market which has continued throughout the ages.
In the afternoon, we take you to a sake brewery. The freshest sake is the best - find out for yourself how its made, and what it tastes like!
DAY 3: TRAIN TO TOKYO. TOUR ENDS.Please make your own way to the station for train to Tokyo. Tour ends upon arrival in Tokyo.
On the final day, we guide you back to the train station to Tokyo. Feel free to ask any questions you have left in your mind about the area, as our team is specially versed in it for your comfort!